Where and when is the 2017 International Forum taking place?
The 2017 International Forum will take place in Montreal from January 20th to 21st, 2017.
2200 Mansfield Street
Montreal Quebec, H3A 3R8
Where is the Centre Mont-Royal located?
Who can I contact for more information?
For more information, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there parking at Centre Mont-Royal for the event?
The parking is located at 2055 Metcalfe Street, Montreal, QC H3A 1X7.
Parking costs: $18/day.
How do I register to attend the International Forum?
To register, visit the “Registration” section of the website
How can I pay for my registration?
Credit cards (Visa and MasterCard) and cheques are accepted for online registration.
If you are paying by cheque, it should be posted before November 28, to benefit from the early bird rate (date of postmark). Please send your cheque and mail a copy of your registration confirmation to the following address:
CECI – International Forum
Montreal (Quebec) | H1Y 3R8
If I cannot attend the Forum at the last minute, can I be reimbursed?
Our reimbursement policy is as follows:
- 50 days or more prior to the event – a 90% reimbursement will be provided.
- 30-49 days prior to the event – a 50% reimbursement will be provided.
- 29 days or less prior to the event – no refunds will be made.
If you apply for the reimbursement as per our policy above, you will be refunded by check.
Is there any financial support available to help cover the costs of registration for the Forum?
As non-profit, non-governmental organizations, WUSC and CECI are unable to offer financial support to individuals interested in participating in the Forum. We encourage individuals to seek support from their employers, organizations, institutions, and community groups in their area.
I’m a member of a WUSC Local Committee; are there any resources available to Local Committees to help pay the Forum registration fee?
We’ve compiled a few ideas to help you fund your Local Committee’s attendance at this year’s Forum in Montreal:
- Travel subsidies for voting delegates: WUSC has some funds available for voting delegates to the WUSC Annual Assembly. General Member voting delegates and Local Committee voting delegates nominated by their committee can request a travel subsidy to assist with transportation costs. Consult the Annual Assembly FAQs, for more information on the process.
- WUSC LC Catalyst fund: Use your annual WUSC Local Committee catalyst fund ($250) to send a LC representative or to split the cost between a few representatives. Apply for it on My Committee – just make sure to explain how the funds will be used for Forum attendance.
- SRP Fund: Your Local Committee’s SRP fund can help send an SRP student to this great learning and networking event. Check to see if you allocated a budget line for this in your Intent Sponsor Form.
- Institutional support: Approach your university, college, or CEGEP administration to sponsor your attendance – this is a great way to represent your institution at a high profile learning event. We even have a letter template ready to help your Local Committee.
- Special Conference funds: Check with your Student Union, various campus departments or your International Office for available conference funds. These special funds (sometimes up to a few hundred dollars) can help students with travel and accommodation for in-Canada conferences or training opportunities. Often very few students apply for them, so make sure to look into it early.
- Forum Sponsor passes: Postsecondary institutions who are official sponsors of the International Forum can receive up to ten FREE passes to the event. Check the Forum website to see if your institution is a sponsor. If they are, and if you want your university, college, or CEGEP to consider sponsoring you as a student representative to the Forum, contact WUSC by email (email@example.com) with “Forum sponsor passes request” in the subject line.
- You can use leftover fundraising or administrative finances from your Local Committee.
Still not sure where to begin? Contact the campus team for tips and ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org
What does registration include?
The 2 day forum pass provides access to all conference activities, all plenaries, workshops, keynote speakers, capacity building sessions, meetings, trainings, networking events, the Connections Zone, lunches, coffee breaks as well as the Celebration Night and Awards Ceremony.
Is there an early bird rate?
Yes, there is one early bird rate. For more information, visit our Registration page.
Is it possible to pay for registration the day of the event?
Yes, cash or credit cards (Visa or Master Card) will be accepted. However, we would appreciate and encourage you to register early, using the online registration page, as this helps us to prepare and ensure a successful event.
Where should I stay in Montreal?
How can I reserve accommodations?
How do I get downtown from Montreal-Trudeau airport?
How do I register to attend the Annual Assembly?
By registering for the International Forum, you will automatically be registered for the Annual Assembly. Should you wish to participate in the Annual Assembly only, please register for the International Forum at the daily rate.
How do travel subsidies work for WUSC voting delegates?
Travel subsidies are available for Local Committee and General Member voting delegates who must travel more than 600 km to participate in and vote during the WUSC Annual Assembly. All voting delegates are responsible for arranging their own transportation to the Annual Assembly. Subsidies have been set at a specific amount per province (see the chart below).
Those who are awarded a travel subsidy will be notified and a cheque for the amount set for their province will be mailed out two weeks after the event, after their active participation in WUSC’s Annual Assembly. Cheques for Local Committee voting delegates will be made payable to the Local Committee. Please make sure to update My Committee with your local Committee’s correct banking . The Local Committee is responsible for managing the funds for its representative(s).
Local Committees should visit My Committee to request a travel subsidy. The deadline to apply for travel subsidies is November 13, 2016. Funds are limited and are granted on a first come, first serve basis. We suggest you register for Forum and apply for a subsidy early to avoid disappointment.
|Province||Travel Subsidy Amount|
|Ontario (>600 km)||$325|
|Québec (>600 km)||$325|
|Prince Edward Island||$425|
Who can participate in CECI’s Annual General Meeting?
CECI’s Annual General Meeting is open to anyone who wishes to observe, however, only CECI members in good standing may speak or vote.
Who can vote at the WUSC Annual General Meeting?
While everyone is welcome to attend the Annual Assembly, only WUSC members in good standing can vote. Each Institutional Member can appoint one voting delegate, each Local Committee can appoint one voting delegate, General Members and any Member of the Board of Directors who is not otherwise a voting delegate can vote.
If you are interested in becoming a General Member or would like more information about membership and voting rights, please visit the WUSC website.