The call for proposal deadline has been extended!
The new deadline to submit a session proposal for the 2019 WUSC and CECI International Forum is Sunday, October 14, 2018!
Thank you to everyone who has already submitted a proposal for the 2019 International Forum. If you have not already done so, please be sure to fill out the online form on or before Sunday, October 14, 2018.
Interested in facilitating a session at the upcoming WUSC and CECI International Forum?
We are seeking dynamic, engaging, and thoughtful submissions for sessions at the 2019 International Forum.
Interested candidates should submit a proposal with their ideas for an innovative and interactive 70-minute session. The call is open to both individuals and organizations, and there is no limit to the number of proposals an organization or individual may submit.
As a session facilitator, you will gain visibility for your work, highlight your expertise, expand your professional network, and deepen your own learning through interactive exchanges and collaboration with Forum participants.
Please read through our guidelines thoroughly before developing and submitting your session proposal.
The deadline for submissions is October 7, 2018.
LENGTH: Each concurrent session will be 70 minutes in length, including questions.
TOPIC: Sessions should contribute to the overall theme of the Forum, Development in Motion. You will be asked to specify which of the three streams your session is most aligned with (youth in motion, money in motion, or ideas in motion).
FORMAT: Sessions should have an innovative knowledge-sharing and idea-generation format. Moving away from the traditional lectures and panel presentations, creative sessions that promote interactive, group discussion and hands-on learning will be given priority (e.g. world café, birds of a feather, fishbowl, ignite, lightning talks, open space technology, pechaKucha, speed geeking, debates).
AUDIENCE: Sessions should be pitched in a way that will draw interest from a wide range of individuals with different levels of experience and understanding of global development issues. The participants from past International Forums include students, development professionals, and others interested in global development.
LANGUAGE: Sessions must be led in either English or French, or be bilingual (simultaneous interpretation may be provided).
SELECTION PROCESS AND CRITERIA
SELECTION PROCESS: Upon the close of the call for proposals, the Forum Advisory Committee will meet to review submissions and shortlist sessions for selection. In addition to those sessions selected by the Committee, an additional three sessions will be open to online voting.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Proposals that best meet the criteria below, and contribute to a balanced and comprehensive conference program, will be shortlisted.
- Topic is relevant to one of the three Forum streams.
- Topic is of interest to the diverse audiences (title, session description, proposed outcomes).
- Considerations of age, gender equality & diversity are integrated into the session.
- The format is innovative, interesting, and engaging.
OTHER CRITERIA: Sessions featuring the following characteristics will be prioritized:
- The session focuses on practical solutions to pressing global challenges.
- The session introduces new ideas and new information.
- The session is presented by youth or includes a youth perspective.
- The session has a strong gender equality perspective.
- The session has a group of presenters representing diverse ages, genders, and backgrounds.
- The session is jointly organized by individuals and organizations representing different sectors or countries.
- The session is jointly organized with an international partner from the global South.
COST OF PARTICIPATION: The International Forum is a not-for-profit event. International Forum session facilitators and attendees are asked to co-invest in the Forum by paying the registration fee of CAD$ 250. There is a special early bird rate of CAD$ 180, if you register on or before November 22, 2018. Session facilitators will be provided with a discount code to earn an additional 10% off their registration fee (this code will be shared via email upon notification of selection). Please note that there are also discounted rates for students, members, and alumni, which may be combined with the facilitator discount.
- September 10, 2018: Call for proposal opens
- October 1, 2018 (TBC): Registration for the International Forum opens. All session facilitators and speakers will be asked to register for the Forum
- October 7, 2018: Deadline to submit proposals
- October 8 – October 12, 2018: The Forum Advisory Committee reviews and shortlists proposals. You may receive clarification questions during this review process. We appreciate your prompt response.
- October 13 – 21, 2018: Proposals are open to the public for voting
- October 22 – 24, 2018: Facilitators of selected proposals are notified and will be requested to provide additional information, as required
- November 22, 2018: Early bird registration deadline for the International Forum
- January 25 – 27, 2019: The WUSC and CECI International Forum
Step 1. Once you have decided to submit a proposal, please fill in Form 1: Session Proposal Information.
Step 2. Please submit the completed form before 11:59 EDT on Sunday, October 7, 2018.
Should your proposal be accepted and you agree to participate in the 2019 WUSC and CECI International Forum, you are:
- Confirming that each of your session’s facilitators commits to delivering the presentation in person and is responsible for their own travel and accommodation costs, and other fees associated with your participation in the event.
- Agreeing to have your session scheduled during any of the planned concurrent session time slots.
- Agreeing that all information presented at the International Forum will be treated as non-confidential and open to public access. Presentations should not contain any confidential or sensitive information. No material labeled confidential or proprietary will be presented or open to public access.
- Agreeing to share with the organizers relevant additional information about the session, facilitators, and speakers in a timely manner.
- Agreeing that each of your session’s facilitators will register early. We strongly encourage registration on or before November 22, 2018 to obtain the reduced early bird rate.
For questions about proposal submissions, please contact [email protected].
Download the Session Proposal Checklist