Frequently Asked Questions
Registration provides you with access to all conference activities unless otherwise noted. This includes plenaries, workshops, keynote speakers, capacity building sessions, meetings, trainings, networking events, the Connections Zone, lunches, coffee breaks, and our Friday evening event.
Yes, there is an early bird rate! The deadline for the early bird registration is November 17, 2019. Take advantage of our low early bird rate by registering before November 17!
Yes, cash or credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) will be accepted at the event. However, we appreciate and encourage you to register and pay in advance using the online registration page, as this helps us better prepare for and ensure a successful event.
Our reimbursement policy is as follows:
- On or before November 30 - a 90% reimbursement will be provided.
- Between December 1 - 21 - a 50% reimbursement will be provided.
- After December 22 - no refunds will be made.
If you apply for the reimbursement as per our policy above, you will be refunded in the manner that you have paid for your registration.
As a non-profit, non-governmental organization, we are unable to offer financial support to individuals interested in participating in the Forum. We encourage individuals to seek support from their employers, organizations, institutions, and community groups in their area.
If you are a Local Committee member:
Here are a few ideas to help you fund your Local Committee's attendance at the Forum:
- Travel subsidies for voting delegates: WUSC has some funds available for voting delegates to the WUSC Annual Assembly. General Member voting delegates and Local Committee voting delegates nominated by their committee can request a travel subsidy to assist with transportation costs. Consult the Annual Assembly FAQs, for more information on the process.
- WUSC Local Committee Catalyst fund: Use your annual WUSC Local Committee catalyst fund ($250) to send a Local Committee representative or to split the cost between a few representatives. Apply for it on My Committee – just make sure to explain that the funds will be used for Forum attendance.
SRP funding: Your Local Committee's SRP funding may help send an SRP student to this great learning and networking event. Check to see if you allocated a budget line for this in your Intent to Sponsor Form.
- Institutional support: Approach your university administration to sponsor your attendance. This is a great way to represent your institution at a high profile learning event. You can request a letter of support for your Local Committee from WUSC if needed.
- Special Conference funds: Check with your Student Union, various campus departments or your International Office for available conference funds. These special funds (sometimes up to a few hundred dollars) can help students with travel and accommodation for in-Canada conferences or training opportunities. Often very few students apply for them, so make sure to look into it early.
- Fundraising and administrative finances: You can use leftover fundraising or administrative finances from your Local Committee.
Still not sure where to begin? Contact the campus team for tips and ideas: [email protected].
Official sponsors of the International Forum may receive FREE passes to the event as part of their sponsorship package. Please contact Ginette Michaud at [email protected] for more information.
Please note that accommodation is not included in the Forum registration fee. Participants based outside Montréal are encouraged to book a room at our negociated rate at Hotel OMNI Mont Royal.
Hotel OMNI Mont Royal
1050 Rue Sherbrooke Ouest
Montréal, QC H3A 2R6
BOOK A ROOM AT THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM 2020 RATE of $155 CAD plus applicable taxes, before January 7, 2020.
WUSC Annual Assembly
While everyone is welcome to attend the Annual Assembly, only WUSC members in good standing can vote.
- Each Institutional Member can appoint one voting delegate
- Each Local Committee can appoint one voting delegate
- General Members and Members of the Board of Directors who are not otherwise voting delegates can vote.
- Institutional Members must provide a letter confirming their voting delegate.
- Local Committees must provide meeting minutes confirming their voting delegate (Use the following template) and cc: all LC members when sending the form to WUSC (see below).
Deadline: Please send the letter / meeting minutes by email by Friday, November 15, 2019, 11:59 p.m. to Gesine Freund at [email protected] – Local Committees eligible for Travel Subsidies, please submit your request at the same time.
If you are an eligible voting member and plan to attend the Annual General Assembly meeting only, please confirm your attendance by Friday, December 20, 2020 by emailing Gesine Freund at [email protected] .
All Voting Delegates:
Please ensure that you pick up your Voting Delegate package prior to the Annual General Assembly.
- Packages will be available at the Registration desk of the International Forum (January 23-24) and on Saturday, January 25th at latest by 12:00 p.m. ET
Travel subsidies are only available for Local Committee and General Member voting delegates who must travel more than 600 km to participate in and vote during the WUSC Annual General Assembly (AGA). Please note Funds are limited and granted on a first come, first serve basis. Please ensure to register to the Forum and apply for a subsidy by November 15, 2019 to avoid disappointment.
- All voting delegates are responsible for arranging their own transportation to the Annual Assembly.
- Local Committee: please check the Travel Subsidy Amount chart for eligible amounts. General Members: please contact us for details.
- Local Committees: Use the Travel Subsidy Request form on My Committee.
- General Members please send your request by email (no form required).
- Subsidy awardees will receive a confirmation email.
- WUSC will mail out reimbursement cheques following participation at the AGA. Cheques for Local Committee voting delegates will be made payable to the Local Committee. The Local Committee is responsible for managing the funds for its representative(s).
The deadline to apply for travel subsidies is Friday, November 15, 2019; please send the request form along with your Local Committee Meeting Minutes to Gesine Freund at [email protected].
Travel Subsidy Amount chart for Local Committee – Voting Delegates:
Travel Subsidy Amount
Ontario (>600 km)
Québec (>600 km)
Prince Edward Island
The International Forum is a bilingual event. Friday sessions given in one language will be simultaneously translated via personal headsets.
If you require additional information or accommodation relating to the accessibility of the International Forum, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
We will provide halal, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free options during the event. Please let us know your dietary preferences when registering for the forum.
There will be a room reserved for prayer for the duration of the forum. This quiet space is open to all. We will confirm the location of the prayer room as soon as it is available.