Frequently Asked Questions
Registration provides you with access to all conference activities unless otherwise noted. This includes plenaries, workshops, keynote speakers, capacity building sessions, meetings, trainings, networking events, the Connections Zone, lunches, coffee breaks, and our Friday evening event.
Yes, there is an early bird rate! The deadline for the early bird registration is November 22, 2018. Take advantage of our low early bird rate by registering on or before November 22!
Yes, cash or credit cards (Visa or Mastercard) will be accepted at the event. However, we appreciate and encourage you to register and pay in advance using the online registration page, as this helps us better prepare for and ensure a successful event.
Our reimbursement policy is as follows:
- On or before November 30 - a 90% reimbursement will be provided.
- Between December 1 - 21 - a 50% reimbursement will be provided.
- After December 22 - no refunds will be made.
If you apply for the reimbursement as per our policy above, you will be refunded in the manner that you have paid for your registration.
As a non-profit, non-governmental organization, we are unable to offer financial support to individuals interested in participating in the Forum. We encourage individuals to seek support from their employers, organizations, institutions, and community groups in their area.
If you are a Local Committee member:
Here are a few ideas to help you fund your Local Committee's attendance at the Forum:
- Travel subsidies for voting delegates: WUSC has some funds available for voting delegates to the WUSC Annual Assembly. General Member voting delegates and Local Committee voting delegates nominated by their committee can request a travel subsidy to assist with transportation costs. Consult the Annual Assembly FAQs, for more information on the process.
- WUSC LC Catalyst fund: Use your annual WUSC Local Committee catalyst fund ($250) to send a Local Committee representative or to split the cost between a few representatives. Apply for it on My Committee – just make sure to explain how the funds will be used for Forum attendance.
- Institutional support: Approach your university administration to sponsor your attendance. This is a great way to represent your institution at a high profile learning event. We have a letter template ready to help your Local Committee.
- Special Conference funds: Check with your Student Union, various campus departments or your International Office for available conference funds. These special funds (sometimes up to a few hundred dollars) can help students with travel and accommodation for in-Canada conferences or training opportunities. Often very few students apply for them, so make sure to look into it early.
- Fundraising and administrative finances: You can use leftover fundraising or administrative finances from your Local Committee.
SRP Fund: Your Local Committee’s SRP fund can help send an SRP student to this great learning and networking event. Check to see if you allocated a budget line for this in your Intent Sponsor Form.
Still not sure where to begin? Contact the campus team for tips and ideas: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official sponsors of the International Forum may receive FREE passes to the event as part of their sponsorship package. Please contact Serena Thomson at email@example.com for more information.
Please note that accommodation is not included in the Forum registration fee. Participants based outside Ottawa are encouraged to book a room online at the Delta Hotel Ottawa City Centre.
Delta Hotel Ottawa City Centre
101 Lyon Street N
Ottawa, ON, Canada
Please book a room online using our preferential rate.
Please book a room online at a preferential rate of $159 plus applicable taxes by January 7, 2019.
- On-street parking is available at and near the Delta. Parking is free after 5:30 p.m. and on weekends.
- There is on-site underground parking at the Delta for $25 per day or $6/hr.
- Parking is also available under Constitution Square: $18 daily from 0600 - 1800.
Note that prices are subject to change.
For more information visit: http://en.parkopedia.ca/.
There is a taxi station in the arrivals area near the centre exit. The average cost to take a taxi is $34 for rides between the airport and downtown Ottawa. There are a number of taxis available that are adapted for persons with reduced mobility at Ottawa Macdonald–Cartier International Airport.
The OC Transpo bus (tel. 613-741-4390), Route 97, offers frequent express service to downtown. Route 97 departs from pillars 13-16 (outer curb) outside Arrivals. Fare is $3.50, and the trip takes approximately 40 minutes, depending on traffic. Route 97 uses low-floor, fully accessible buses that accommodate wheelchairs. The stop closest to the Delta Hotel is Albert/Kent.
WUSC Annual Assembly
While everyone is welcome to attend the Annual Assembly, only WUSC members in good standing can vote. Each Institutional Member can appoint one voting delegate, each Local Committee can appoint one voting delegate, General Members and any Member of the Board of Directors who is not otherwise a voting delegate can vote.
If you are interested in becoming a General Member or would like more information about membership and voting rights, please visit the WUSC website.
Please indicate you are a voting delegate when you register for the International Forum.
In addition, Institutional Members and Local Committees must provide a document that names their voting delegate – a letter for Institutional Members, meeting minutes for Local Committees.
If you are attending the Assembly only, please send a completed form and documentation to Yuanyue Geng at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail (1404 Scott Street, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4M8).
Travel subsidies are available for Local Committee and General Member voting delegates who must travel more than 600 km to participate in and vote during the WUSC Annual Assembly. All voting delegates are responsible for arranging their own transportation to the Annual Assembly. Subsidies have been set at a specific amount per province (see the chart below).
Those who are awarded a travel subsidy will be notified and a cheque for the amount set for their province will be mailed out two weeks after the event, after their active participation in WUSC’s AGA. Cheques for Local Committee voting delegates will be made payable to the Local Committee – please make sure to submit the correct banking information. The Local Committee is responsible for managing the funds for its representative(s).
Please send the completed form and documentation to Yuanyue Geng at email@example.com or by mail (1404 Scott Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y 4M8). Local Committees should download the form on My Committee. The deadline to apply for travel subsidies is November 30, 2018 or until funds run out. Funds are limited and are granted on a first come, first serve basis. We suggest you register for Forum and apply for a subsidy early to avoid disappointment.
|Province||Travel Subsidy Amount|
|Ontario (>600 km)||$325|
|Québec (>600 km)||$325|
|Prince Edward Island||$425|
The Connection Zone is a fun, dynamic environment for participants to hold side-discussions, network, learn, relax, and recharge. It is a room that will be open throughout the event with meeting and socializing spaces, activities, and the exhibition tables of our sponsors, partners, and programs and, most importantly, coffee (and tea)! This is your space for getting to know your fellow Forum participants.
While everyone is invited to bring their ideas and energy to the Connection Zone, at this time, only our sponsors and own programs will have exhibition tables there. There are a range of sponsorship levels to fit different needs and goals. For more information on becoming a sponsor, click here.
There are many opportunities to connect with other participants at this year’s International Forum. On social media, using #wuscceciforum and using the International Forum 2019 app (available soon.) Through the app you can create a participant profile, including your social media handles, and connect with other participants who do the same.